Act Two Questions
Name:_____________ ELA A10/Ms. Fisher
As you read Act Two, please answer the following questions to the best of your ability. There will be a homework check on Tuesday. So, have them done!
- When the Attendant refers to ‘the Guv’ner’s pet looney’, what does he mean? Why do the characters talk about the ‘looney’ in this way? Provide evidence from the text (act one or act two)
- When the Maid mentions the ‘Dutch Sherlock Holmes,’ who is she referring to? Why compare him to Sherlock Holmes?
- How did the Attendant scare the Maid? Who came rushing in after the Maid screamed? Why was he upset?
- What is prostration (Use your own device)? Why do you think Dracula uses that particular word to describe her situation?
- What did Dracula do to the maid? Are there any other characters he may have done this to as well? Who are they? How are they affected by this?
- What is wolfsbane (Use your own device)?
- What was in the Count’s cases? What did he say he was going to use it for? How might he actually use this?
- What is Van Helsing’s plan for killing Dracula?
- What will happen to Lucy if she dies?
- Who overhears Van Helsing, Seward, and Harker talking? What do they do with him?
- What does Van Helsing think Renfield is lying about? What hints does Renfield give that makes it seem like he is working with Dracula? What happens when he starts to tell the truth to Van Helsing?
- What two animals can vampires shape shift into? How is that important to the play (remind yourself of act one)?
- Why is Seward worried about Van Helsing’s health?
- Why didn’t Van Helsing notice Dracula sneaking up? Why does Dracula destroy the mirror?
- Van Helsing uses some anti-vampire tactics against Dracula. What tactics does he use on Dracula?
- Why does Van Helsing suggest that they not tell Miss Lucy of his findings?
- What is the Hampstead Horror?
- Who is the woman in white described in the newspaper article? What has caused her to act this way? Why do they need to save Miss Lucy from this?
- What protective measures are they putting in place for Miss Lucy at night?
10.What is the message that the Attendant has come to deliver to Doctor Seward about Renfield?
11. Describe the last scene of Act Eight.